This post details the process of setting up E-mail motion notifications for a Network Video Recorder that’s running pre-2019 firmware. These notifications take the form of an email, usually with a picture attached.
- Make sure Enable Server Authentication(Labelled “Enable Se…”) is turned on.
- Fill in the username as eagleeyenotify (note the two consecutive “e”s in eagleeye)
- The password is as follows:
muzr ydph cnxk zttr
**DO NOT include the spaces between the sets of characters, they are there to make it easier to read**
- SMTP Server:
SMTP port as 587
Make sure Enable SSL is turned on
- Fill out the Sender field as Camera Notify
- The Senders Address is firstname.lastname@example.org(Note again the two “e”s)
- Leave Receiver 1 for now. You can add more recipients afterwards if you wish
- Write your name in the Receiver field, and then fill in the email address you would like to have the notifications sent to
- Enable Attached Picture should be enabled
- Interval setting should be left as is
- Hit Apply.
- You can now click “Test” to ensure it is working properly. You should get an Email saying “This e-mail is used to test whether your SMTP settings work.”
Tip: If you plan on making the settings the same for every day, click Apply after you editing one day. Next, click Copy, and then select the days you would like to be the same(They are numbered 1 through 7 representing Monday to Sunday). Click OK, and then Apply.